Wednesday, September 26, 2012

"Run to the Cross"

I've heard or read the phrase in the title of this post more times than I can remember. I've even heard it in songs. I have a question about it:

What does it mean?

The phrase "run to the cross" is not in the Bible. I looked. In order to answer the question, you have to give me an answer that indicates how this phrase means the same thing for everyone. You can't just tell me what YOU think it means. If it doesn't mean the same thing for everyone, then how can anyone admonish anyone else and expect that they will understand the admonition.

You see, I think we Christians too often use vague language like this and expect that everyone should know what we are talking about. But such is not the case. So can anyone tell me what this means?

Anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment